Tuesday 10 August 2010

Motorcyclists

Late afternoon on Sunday I was driving to Bridie's house. When I came a cross some fella who's old Norton seemed to be giving him some grief. I was in my work van so luckily I had my tools with me. I pulled over and we got chatting, it turns out his clutch was giving him some problems. With an extra set of hands and a couple more tools the gent seemed satisfied with the result.
Turns out he was going through the village where Bridie lived so I told him I'd follow and just to give me a wave if everything was OK.
Before we left though he came out with this quote 'that's the thing with motorcyclists they're all willing to help each other out'. Made me smile that.
As we neared the end of the village he chucked up a little wave and was on his way. A couple of hours later I was sat in Bridie's room and heard a bike passing through the village, it was the chap on the Norton on his return home with motorcycle running fine.
Its nice to be nice.
(he let me take some picture too!)

2 comments:

  1. its an unwritten rule.... gotta stop regardless


    its great both ways !!!

    ReplyDelete